Are you a standard E-ZPass® or an E-ZPass® Flex kind of driver? The standard E-ZPass® is a good choice for drivers who don’t have the need for an HOV traveling mode.
If you plan to drive with 3 or more people in your car, choose E-ZPass® Flex for a toll-free travel option. The E-ZPass® Flex lets you switch between toll-paying and HOV modes based on how many people are riding in your car. Want to know more about using E-ZPass® Flex? Visit our FAQs page.
Visit the E-ZPass® Virginia and E-ZPass® Maryland websites to learn more about how to travel with E-ZPass® in each state.
Where to pick up an E-ZPass®
You have your pick of retail locations where you can get an E-ZPass®. Some of the most popular spots include:
- Virginia DMVs
- AAA Mid-Atlantic locations
- Select Wegmans locations
- Select Giant Food Stores
In Virginia, you can also get an E-ZPass® by calling 877-762-7824 or visit your nearest E-ZPass® Service Center.
E-ZPass® requirements checklist
To get an E-ZPass®, you’ll need your:
- Driver's license number
- License plate number
- Credit card information
Before riding with E-ZPass® on the Express Lanes
- Make sure your E-ZPass® is correctly mounted
- Confirm your E-ZPass® account is linked to your license plate
- Make sure your E-ZPass® can be read through the windshield
- Double check that your E-ZPass® account has enough funds to cover your trip. You can even set up your account with auto-replenishment, so you don’t need to worry about your balance
- Ensure your address is updated and correct with the DMV
Check out the ‘E-ZPass® tips for a smooth trip’ video below to make sure your E-ZPass® is good to before hitting the road.